Our Celebrity Ambassadors
We’re incredibly lucky at CLIC Sargent to have lots of high profile and celebrity support for our work and campaigns, helping to raise our profile and increase awareness of the issues facing children and young people with cancer.
- Frank Lampard helped us call for better support for dads who are left to cope when their children are diagnosed with cancer. He visited Paul’s House, our Home from Home in London, to meet with some of our dads.
- The Sun’s Smiles at Christmas campaign saw a number of celebrities including Ed Sheeran, Aston Merrygold and Michelle Heaton show their support.
- World Cancer Day in February 2018 received backing from Kylie Minogue, the EastEnders cast and a number of influential YouTubers. They all asked the public to join them in banding together to fight cancer.
- TV Presenter and ambassador Jake Humphrey helped present a 13,000 signature-strong petition to Downing Street, calling for greater financial support for young cancer patients and their families.
Meet our diverse and talented group of celebrity ambassadors:
- James Allen
- Alice Beer – TV presenter
- Angellica Bell – TV and radio presenter
- Nicola Benedetti MBE – Classical violinist
- Ben Cajee – TV presenter
- Mark Chapman – TV and radio presenter
- Chris Hollins – Journalist, presenter and sportsman
- Jake Humphrey – TV presenter
- Emma Johnson – Clarinettist
- Julian LLoyd Webber – Cellist and conductor
- Kai Owen – Actor
- Patsy Palmer – Actress
- Duncan Pow – Actor
- Gaby Roslin – TV presenter
- Michelle Ryan – Actress
- Richard and Susan Young – Photography
"Being a parent myself I understand how children mean just everything. I have been an Ambassador for CLIC Sargent for several years now and am so proud to be involved with a charity that does such a huge amount for children and young people with cancer and leukaemia. CLIC Sargent provides support and advice for the entire family throughout this difficult time and is a completely invaluable lifeline to all of the families they support."
“As a mother myself, I can’t even begin to imagine what it would be like if I was told that one of my children had cancer and this is why I feel so passionately about CLIC Sargent. They are an invaluable lifeline to all of the families they support, providing practical and emotional support and guidance for the whole family right from the point of diagnosis. I am so proud to be a patron of such a worthwhile cause.”
“Being the dad of two healthy, happy little children, I count my blessings every day. However, my wife Harriet and I know not every parent can say that. Childhood cancer is a fight that we must all join. We’ve both been moved to see first-hand the vital difference that CLIC Sargent can make to a family who have been given the worst possible news. From huge things, such as a place to stay near their ill child to simple gestures like money to be able to travel to wherever someone’s child is being treated, CLIC Sargent does amazing work, but currently can’t help everyone. I want to help the wonderful people at CLIC Sargent reach even more young people and their families.”